Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ribbon Re-Organization (again)


Inspired by Lily's ribbon sorting, I decided it was time to
work on mine again. I have tried many many many different
ways to store my ribbon. The neat little spools, embroidery
floss rings and bags, compartmented boxes etc failed
because I disovered that I hated to continually have to
rewrap the ribbon. I tried the clear acrylic paint cans and
they looked beautiful, I loved being able to just dump the
pile of ribbon back in when I was done BUT storage and
transporting them anywhere was a nightmare. So, using
an idea I saw elsewhere, I am now trying the very low tech,
inexpensive shoe holder. I sorted the ribbon into quart size
bags, folded them over and stuffed them in the slots.
Hopefully this ends my quest for the perfect ribbon storage!

4 comments:

toners said...

There you go! Great idea! I have to have my ribbon somewhere that I can see it, otherwise I won't be as likely to use it!

Unknown said...

It's so pretty - & I like the baggie idea. Easily transportable.

Sues said...

It looks pretty - hope it work sof ryou this time!!!

Sarah Coggins said...

What a great way to store your ribbon! It looks so pretty. :)